Author Topic: Meet Happy Jack :)  (Read 669 times)

Offline lilspaz68

• Posts Too Much!
Meet Happy Jack :)
« on: February 28, 2018, 05:02:51 PM »
Its been a lonely time since Pele's passing, but my friend asked me to take back in a boy I had ratsit November - December 2017 and I happily said yes :)

Jack is an older intact boy, and he's not aggressive but has absolutely NO ratiquette and sees a rat and pounces. The victim gets pounced on, pinned and stood on...which terrifies most of them LOL.  Jack is completely oblivious to this of course.

When Jack arrived, I just let him run with the bedrats (oldies/sickies) and he was soo happy and was "okay" with them.  When I had to cage him up with said rats things got a bit less Okay though.  My old feral boy Otter was thrilled when Jack left LOL.  My friend couldn't find any friends for Jack, and couldn't have him out like I could, so she asked me if I would be willing to take him on.  :D   We found out recently that his former owner let him run 24/7 and he never had rat friends.

Jack may or may not have friends but I honestly think he doesn't care.  As per my AC friend Arlene (some oldtimers might remember her?) Jack doesn't know he is a rat, which makes sense to me.  He thinks he is a special toy that gets played with a lot, a very handsome boy, and that he loved cheese puffs  :yelcutelaugh:

Its hard to explain about Jack, he's wonderful.  He runs and is incredibly happy, which makes everyone around him happy (he's just contagious).  He plays, he cuddles, he licks, he loves people, and food and observing things from everywhere he can.  He bounces up to me, then sledges around on his belly until he's curled around my neck, and then I stroke him or rub him...both much enjoyed.  As long as I do that he will stay forever.  :D  He loves to be picked up and smooshed and he's a bit chubby right now (not much longer though if he keeps running and exercising like he is now).  He is very polite too, coming to visit me in the middle of the night, and since I am a light sleeper who shifts and turns a lot because of a bad back, I can wake up and pat him, then go to sleep again with no problem.  He also does NOT chew.  its almost weird.  He can have cables alll over him and he has no inclination at all. 

Btw he is a real ham and you'll probably see lots of pics of him, because he's sooo personable :D  I told him he's really helping to heal my heart.  I am sure Pele is glad Jack is doing his job  :heart:

Have I mentioned he's a black self? So he has little hobbity feeties?  *squeal*  :hyper:

l

Offline MinervaThonosi

• Almost no idea what's going on
Re: Meet Happy Jack :)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 11:09:12 PM »
He's so cute!  :heart:

Offline Deblee

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 11:27:16 AM »
What a handsome boy!!!!!  :heart:

Offline lilspaz68

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 02:03:39 PM »
and we have our first story. :)

Jack came to see me about 5 am, he slinks up around my neck and very gently pokes my face with his nose.  "You awake??  Pat me" LOL.  I oblige and he's thrilled but then I turn on my other side, and he ends up propped up in the blankets partially on his back.  He's got a big chubby black self belly that I just had to stroke.  He ended up sprawled out totally on his back, with his paws limp and his head thrown back.  When I was rubbing his head with my fingers but then stopped he grabbed my finger in both paws and just held it.  Awwww. 

Expect fat belly pics one day.  Hopefully this weekend when I can take them NOT at 5 am  :cheeky:

Offline gramma2jaakk

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 04:19:53 PM »
Oh Jack, you are such a handsome fellow!!

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 09:50:09 PM »
Oh, what a sweetheart!  I'm glad he came to fill some of the gap from Pele's passing.  Sounds like he's just what the doctor ordered!

Offline purple rat

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 08:16:29 AM »
awwwww, what a handsome manrat! I'm so glad he's helping your heart heal  :heart:  I'm looking forward to more stories and pictures :hyper:
proud mama of Spock & Streaker

missing my babies at the bridge: Remy, Tuck,   Neo, Crash, MRR Canadian boys Kirby & Digby, brothers Baxter & Abbott & Bentley, Goober, Merlin

Offline Been to the Mountaintop

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2018, 12:44:32 PM »
Way to go blackJack! I know what you mean about rats from gentle environments being overwhelmed by newly incomiing exuberance and being relieved when it ends. Glad you found his special gifts fast.
--Best, Mountaintop--

Offline lilspaz68

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2018, 09:02:19 PM »
Got that belly pic  :cheeky:

*pokepoke*

He's such a funny boy!

Offline gramma2jaakk

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2018, 10:13:18 AM »
 :heart: :heart: :heart:

Offline BigBen

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rattos habeo, ergo sum
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2018, 05:57:04 PM »
Oh, he looks like a real sweetheart!  I bet Pele sent him to look after you. :heart:
What is a rat?  King-sized love in a pint-sized package.
Rat Code:  6m2f22r !B C? D+ F S-- ocA reC sM a+++ e++++ n

Offline lilspaz68

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2018, 10:13:27 AM »
More of Happy Jack:)  he's even learning to "share" me with some of the oldies/sickies :D

His usual spot is behind my neck, or draped around my neck... <3

BigBen...I think Pele is happier now that I am not as sad :D

Offline gramma2jaakk

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2018, 11:19:33 AM »
I love Happy Jack!! And Pele will be happier too, now that she know HJ is taking care of you. <3

Offline BigBen

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rattos habeo, ergo sum
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2018, 12:20:26 AM »
I read a story once about how rats are angels who aren't allowed to stay on Earth very long (which is why their lives are so short), and when they have to go back to heaven they tell the new angels coming down which people to look for.  That's why I'm so sure Pele had a hand in Jack's arrival.
What is a rat?  King-sized love in a pint-sized package.
Rat Code:  6m2f22r !B C? D+ F S-- ocA reC sM a+++ e++++ n

Offline purple rat

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2018, 07:53:36 PM »
he's so cute -- and I love his whiskers!
proud mama of Spock & Streaker

missing my babies at the bridge: Remy, Tuck,   Neo, Crash, MRR Canadian boys Kirby & Digby, brothers Baxter & Abbott & Bentley, Goober, Merlin

Offline lilspaz68

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2018, 01:36:21 PM »
I read a story once about how rats are angels who aren't allowed to stay on Earth very long (which is why their lives are so short), and when they have to go back to heaven they tell the new angels coming down which people to look for.  That's why I'm so sure Pele had a hand in Jack's arrival.

I love this :)

Dark pic but it was hard to catch my goofy boy on my cell.  He now initiates play, then throws himself on his back for tummy rubs LOLOL

« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 09:01:05 AM by Marybelle »

Offline Been to the Mountaintop

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2018, 11:28:49 AM »
He's so fun and gorgeous! I love BigBen's story, too! Not only totally pokeable belly and hobbity feet and bright, smart eyes, but may I add rather impressive torpedoes LOL.
--Best, Mountaintop--