Author Topic: R.I.P. Peter (8/25/167/7/18)  (Read 105 times)

Offline BigBen

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rattos habeo, ergo sum
R.I.P. Peter (8/25/167/7/18)
« on: July 08, 2018, 07:09:13 PM »
I'm in shock at losing yet another rat, my boy Peter, whom I found dead in the cage last night when I went to bed.  He was less than two years old, so this is completely unexpected.  He was part of a trio of brothers whom I adopted last year from Mainely Rat Rescue.  His brother Matthew was a biter, so they were not popular candidates for adoption, which is why I took them.  Peter was hard to get to know, so I don't really have any stories to tell.  The three brothers have never been happy outside of the cage, so I have never really bonded all that well with them.  I am just happy to have been able to give them a home.  Matt, the biter, is a bit more outgoing, and he and I have something of a relationship; Peter was the shyest of the three and was always a bit of a loner, often preferring to be by himself while the others cuddled.  Peter and David, the third brother, were identical twins, so I could really only tell who was who by Peter's shyness and by marks on their tails.  The brothers are a lovely light-brown-sugar color that I just love, and they have/had the softest coats.  Matt is the only rex of the three, but the rex gene must have found some expression in the other two, as well, because of the silkiness of their coats.
What is a rat?  King-sized love in a pint-sized package.
Rat Code:  6m2f22r !B C? D+ F S-- ocA reC sM a+++ e++++ n

Offline purple rat

Re: R.I.P. Peter (8/25/167/7/18)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 08:14:54 PM »
oh no, I'm sorry for the loss of Peter, especially so soon after losing Bartholomew :'(. How kind you were to give him and his brothers a loving home and accept them just as they were. Play hard at the bridge Peter
proud mama of Spock, Merlin & Streaker

missing my babies at the bridge: Remy, Tuck,   Neo, Crash, MRR Canadian boys Kirby & Digby, brothers Baxter, Abbott & Bentley. Goober

Offline gramma2jaakk

• Posts Too Much!
Re: R.I.P. Peter (8/25/167/7/18)
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 07:44:50 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear this! It really is hard to lose two so close together like that. R.I.P. Peter.