Author Topic: Neutering  (Read 199 times)

Offline RattyRodent

Neutering
« on: August 06, 2018, 07:47:31 PM »
We adopted three boys a year ago - Stan, Ollie and Finn. Stan and Finn were never neutered but Ollie was. From the start we noticed Ollie was less skittish than the other two. After playtime, we never have trouble getting Ollie back into the cage, but sometimes Stan and Finn will hide inside our couch or elsewhere and it will be hard to get them out and back into the cage. Do you think the fact they were never fixed might have something to do with this?  ???

Offline MinervaThonosi

• Almost no idea what's going on
Re: Neutering
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 09:20:57 PM »
I don't think so. One of my first rats, Tobi, was always braver than his cagemates. He wasn't neutered until he was 2. It was just his personality.  :BlueDumboSmile:

Offline purple rat

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 09:46:10 PM »
I didn't notice any consistent differences between the neutered rats I've had in comparison to the non-neutered ones. Like Minerva, I've assumed it's just a difference in ratty personality :D
proud mama of Spock & Streaker

missing my babies at the bridge: Remy, Tuck,   Neo, Crash, MRR Canadian boys Kirby & Digby, brothers Baxter & Abbott & Bentley, Goober, Merlin

Offline BigBen

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rattos habeo, ergo sum
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 02:01:16 PM »
Right now I have two boys and a girl that have never been happy outside the cage.  I lost a boy last month who was always happiest during out time.  One of my first four rats never wanted to come out of the cage, but once I got him out, he never wanted to go back in!  It's just the luck of the draw.
What is a rat?  King-sized love in a pint-sized package.
Rat Code:  6m2f22r !B C? D+ F S-- ocA reC sM a+++ e++++ n