Author Topic: What in the smell?!?!?  (Read 77 times)

Offline cheerio

• Posts Too Much!
What in the smell?!?!?
« on: October 02, 2018, 09:36:54 PM »
Iím back after over six years hiatus as we just adopted a mischief of five boys. Beautiful dumbo martens. Theyíre just now about 10 weeks old. Theyíre in a double ferret nation and doing great with litter box training. Theyíre on fleece and I change liners often. They donít make a mess in their hammocks at all. But the smell... omg. Itís not urine either. I thought it was them getting adjusted to their new food. Theyíre  on regal rat and Iím not sure if thatís contributing to it. My other boys were on native earth/HT and I NEVER had issues like this. Any suggestions? Should I try a new food? They were previously on a mazuri breeder bulk block. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This stinks!

Offline cheerio

• Posts Too Much!
Re: What in the smell?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 06:24:50 PM »
Bump

Offline purple rat

Re: What in the smell?!?!?
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 06:24:00 PM »
I had one rat who had the stinkiest poops I've ever smelled :confused: He ate the same HT lab blocks as the others and the same snacks, but he was the only one who had the awful, stinky poops his whole life.  I hope your stinky problem is only temporary :)
proud mama of Spock & Streaker

missing my babies at the bridge: Remy, Tuck,   Neo, Crash, MRR Canadian boys Kirby & Digby, brothers Baxter & Abbott & Bentley, Goober, Merlin