Author Topic: Tumors!  (Read 96 times)

Offline catemonster

Tumors!
« on: February 26, 2019, 09:58:02 PM »
Iíve noticed recently my girl Luca has 2-3 mamorry tumors under her armpit. I would appreciate any and all information I can get applying to this topic. Iím willing to do whatever I can to give her the happiest life possible but could use your help and guiding hand in doing so. Iíve had 5 rats over the years and somehow this is my first to deal with this sort of situation. Any info helps!

Offline gramma2jaakk

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Tumors!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 08:58:09 AM »
Hello, and welcome!

I've had several of my girls with mammary tumors. Some I decided to have removed, but others weren't, because of the girls age. A tumor is a fairly easy surgery, but there are risks involved, just like with any surgery. You'll need to be sure your vet treats exotics, and is knowledgeable in tumor removal. It may also be a good idea to get your girl spayed as that will reduce the likelihood of more tumors developing. It can be a bit pricey for the surgery, but if you can't afford it out-of-pocket, ask your vet if they offer Care Credit. It is a credit card that can only be used for medical issues, like vet visits (some dentists, pharmacies, doctors, and a few other places also accept Care Credit for the humans!). Tumors can get quite large, and will make walking difficult for your ratty, and if left untreated (removed) may get large enough to be painful, and the skin covering the tumor may split open.

Ok, I've given you about all I can think of regarding tumors. There may be others along who know more. Good luck with her! And if you have pictures of her, we would LOVE to see her! What is her name? These forums seem to be quiet lately, not many of us come around here much these days, but we're always looking for more pet lovers who love their fur-babies!

EDIT: Haha! And NOW I look at your profile and see you joined in 2012!!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 09:01:22 AM by gramma2jaakk »

Offline catemonster

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 09:07:25 AM »
Her name is Lucabara. Luca for short.i havenít been here in a long time. Iíve asked a few Facebook groups too just wanted to get all the info I could. Thanks for your help! 😊

Offline gramma2jaakk

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 01:55:18 PM »
 :thumbsup2: