Author Topic: Hairless Rat Care Advice, Please  (Read 243 times)

Offline MinervaThonosi

• Almost no idea what's going on
Hairless Rat Care Advice, Please
« on: October 26, 2019, 06:40:14 PM »
Hello, everyone! I recently got my first hairless rat. His name is Solas. I know they require slightly different care, so I wanted to get some advice. I've read some things online, but I'm never sure what to trust.

I have a space heater to keep my room nice and warm. He does have a haired friend, named Ser Cullen Ratford, to cuddle up with and they get along great. (I had gotten Cullen a couple weeks earlier, because he was all alone and my housemate convinced me it was a good idea.) I have both a water bowl and a water bottle, crinkle paper bedding, two fleece hammocks that get rotated, so they're not curled up in a urine soaked hammock all the time. They have a wheel, a space pod hide, and many sticks and a lava block to chew on.

Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated!  :BlueDumboSmile: :rattysmiley: :heart:

Offline purple rat

Re: Hairless Rat Care Advice, Please
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 07:47:35 PM »
The only thing I did differently for my hairless guy was to add fleece scraps inside the hammocks and igloos so he'd have additional warmth. Enjoy your new baby! :BlueDumboSmile:
proud mama of Spot, Twitch and Nimbus

missing my babies at the bridge: Remy, Tuck,   Neo, Crash, MRR Canadian boys Kirby & Digby, brothers Baxter & Abbott & Bentley, Goober, Merlin, Spock, Streaker

Offline MinervaThonosi

• Almost no idea what's going on
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 03:32:01 PM »
Thank you for the advice, purple!  :BlueDumboSmile: :heart:

Offline RattieEnthusiast

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 10:49:33 PM »
I would say, try and get them used to having their nails trimmed just so Solas' haired friend doesn't hurt his delicate skin if they scuffle.