Author Topic: Rats love ice cream!!!  (Read 5747 times)

swedishnightingale

Rats love ice cream!!!
« on: April 10, 2003, 06:39:22 PM »
I let the girls have a bit of vanilla ice cream off a spoon a little while ago... talk about ratties going into hyperactive overdrive!!! They were attacking the spoon, pushing each other, getting it all over their faces and paws, Ginia was hanging by one paw and her tail from the side of the cage to get at it!  :yelcutelaugh: I made sure they all got some, of course, and now they're busy licking it off each other. I wish I'd had my camera handy, it was so cute!!!  :BlueDumboSmile:

So what's the funniest thing to watch your rats eat?

stripedrats

Re:Rats love ice cream!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2003, 07:50:14 PM »
whipped cream, ice cream, and for Cailean, a pickle  :hyper: . Oh yeah, and  :cookie: 's. lol, jk

(although they like to sleep in the bag of cookies when it's empy, lazily licking the sides. "awww... paradise...   :rattysmiley: "

Offline jo.lin

• Posts Too Much!
  • *sniff sniff* you smell like a treat!
    • Purple Mountain Productions
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2003, 07:51:52 PM »
my boys absolutley LOVE ice cream.  i usually buy a pint of ben and jerry's and eat it directly out of the carton (i'm one of those people!).  if the boys are running around when i'm eating ice cream, they'll come running... hoping to get some (which they always do).
//Jo, Taki and Bosco
May you rest in peace Oz and Monkey
Purple Mountain Productions

EmilyRugburn

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2003, 08:41:35 PM »
Well, around here the funniest food just happens to be ice cream.  I love it when they try to grab a hunk of it and hold it, only it's too cold, so they drop it, but they don't want another rat to steal it, so they pick it up again.  Only, it's too cold, so they drop it, but they don't want another rat to steal it, so they pick it up again...  LOL!

Offline jo.lin

• Posts Too Much!
  • *sniff sniff* you smell like a treat!
    • Purple Mountain Productions
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2003, 08:59:19 PM »
Well, around here the funniest food just happens to be ice cream.  I love it when they try to grab a hunk of it and hold it, only it's too cold, so they drop it, but they don't want another rat to steal it, so they pick it up again.  Only, it's too cold, so they drop it, but they don't want another rat to steal it, so they pick it up again...  LOL!

yeah, and then they shake their paws really quickly back and forth.  it's so cute.
//Jo, Taki and Bosco
May you rest in peace Oz and Monkey
Purple Mountain Productions

Offline vx

• Forum Enabler
  • Rampaging Rodentia
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2003, 09:25:45 PM »

yeah, and then they shake their paws really quickly back and forth.  it's so cute.

Same here!  All I have to do is say "Ice Cream" loudly and zoom they're here!  

Just an FYI, if anyone's rattie is on Doxycycline or Tetracycline, I believe dairy products are to be avoided..best to check with your vet.

Perhaps a nice sorbet to cleanse the delicate rattie palate? (Big hit here as well).
Vx & Ziv, Benjamin, Bo, Ducky (Il Duce), Zayd and Zeke.  Left behind by angels:  Lily, Sammy, Lola, Daisy, Spike, Jennie, Toby, Jack, Lucy, Lucita, Bart, Dewey, Steve, Guido, Merry & Pippin, Orlando, and our darling Annie.

Offline Sabrina

• Posts Too Much!
  • wanna wanna BIKKIT!
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2003, 09:35:31 PM »
spaghetti!  especially with sauce (what a mess!)
Love, Sabrina
Forever remembered: Piper(4/19/03) Kaela(4/15/03) Ellie(5/19/02)

"You can be obsessed with remorse all your life, not because you chose the wrong thing... but because you never had the chance to prove to yourself that you would have chosen the right thing." U.Eco

mmm nicey bikkit

Aristophanes

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2003, 01:09:36 AM »
 :BlueDumboSmile:
The minute I saw this thread I just had to start laughing.  Check out our two boys, Juvenal and Martial - rats of the week!
http://www.ratfanclub.org/ratweek.html

(And no, we didn't actually give them the whole pint... just let them lick the carton once we were done....)

:BlueDumboSmile:

Offline Tracy

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2003, 01:46:34 AM »
Mine love fresh corn.  It's so cute watching Jair stuff his mouth, going to a corner and popping out 7 pieces of corn!  
What does not change is the will to change.
Rescue Rats Looking for Love

"People who want their Children to experience the Miracle of BIRTH should first come to an animal shelter and Witness the Sadness of Death/Euthanasia"

Offline Selmasongs

• Posts Too Much!
  • OH RATS!
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2003, 02:07:42 PM »
spaghetti!  especially with sauce (what a mess!)

just the other day i gave my ratties spagetti and they seemed to act out the scene from lady and the tramp with it. and then the mess came afterwards... :yelcutelaugh:
Owned by:Snickerdoodle, Munch and Finn

Always owned by Cleo, Selma, Sugarcooke, Sally "bear" brown, Gingersnap,Lullaby,Luna and my Twilight.

Offline angelratgirl

• Posts Too Much!
  • why do rat noses fit so perfectly in your ears...
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2003, 05:05:17 PM »
i cant even go to mc d's anymore for icecream with my girls in the car. ( they are "free range" in my car as long as they stick to somewhere i can reach. safely)  they just smell it and all of a sudden i have three rats clambering for the hand holding the vanilla cone. back and forth. (not much help either with a manual car).  then i have to lock them in their carry case and its all BANG BANG BANG... SNIF SNIF SIIIIFFFFFF... SCRATCH BANG SCRATCH.