Author Topic: Ratty Love  (Read 3577 times)

Offline Chewie

• Rat Lover!
Ratty Love
« on: April 11, 2003, 08:03:36 AM »

Had to share this...I just wandered up stairs to "use the facilities" and checked in on the girls as always.  They were all fast asleep in a heap so I said hello and three ratty eyes opened (only one each ;) ) so I opened the cage and started to stroke them and they hardly moved at all and just closed the eye each and went back to sleep with a kind of "Huh what did you want to wake us up for?" look.  I just carried on stroking and they carried on dozing away.  What trust, that they feel so safe with me that they open one eye to check it's me then go back to sleep again.  So cute :BlueDumboSmile: :BlueDumboSmile: :BlueDumboSmile:

Offline Panda Phil

• Posts Too Much!
  • Uh-oh. Someones out of Yogies!
Re:Ratty Love
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2003, 09:04:40 AM »
 Trusting and obviously well fed. I can't go near my cage without at least one of my boys rushing up looking for treats. :)
Currently owned by Phil, Ivan, Stanford, Harvey, and Meatball.
Missing my dear departed Oscar, Bob, Rufus, Artimus, Geordie, Little Eeper, Smudge, Baby, Mr Flibble, and Bubonic.

Offline Selmasongs

• Posts Too Much!
  • OH RATS!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2003, 02:02:54 PM »
Trusting and obviously well fed. I can't go near my cage without at least one of my boys rushing up looking for treats. :)

Same here!!LOL :yelcutelaugh:
Owned by:Snickerdoodle, Munch and Finn

Always owned by Cleo, Selma, Sugarcooke, Sally "bear" brown, Gingersnap,Lullaby,Luna and my Twilight.

Offline angelratgirl

• Posts Too Much!
  • why do rat noses fit so perfectly in your ears...
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2003, 07:27:21 PM »
it's so rare when i can find them in the cage to sleepy not to rush up to me.  i adore petting them when theyre asleep.  i have to actually take them on an outing in their rat sack (to a store that doesn't mind rats... or won't notice) before they relax enough to just let me pet them.  but the crazy thing is (and the cutest) is that if i stop petting them, they poke their heads out of the sack and look at me like "why'd you stop"

Ensie

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2003, 08:19:09 PM »
I opened the cage and started to stroke them and they hardly moved at all and just closed the eye each and went back to sleep with a kind of "Huh what did you want to wake us up for?" look.  I just carried on stroking and they carried on dozing away.  What trust, that they feel so safe with me that they open one eye to check it's me then go back to sleep again.  

That's one of the many things I did to earn Smores trust as I was socializing her (she was a rescue). Now, whenever I reach my hand in there, it's like she expects it. She'll groom me and fall asleep on my hand and sniff my fingers as if she were checking in with me (like my hand was a rat).

Hey, they're sleeping in their clubhouse right now! Gotta go wake 'em up! :BlueDumboSmileTongue:

Aristophanes

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2003, 09:57:33 PM »
Sleepy time is one of the only times we get to really pet Titus, since when he's fully awake his entire demeanor communicates the message, "No pet!  PLAY!"  So it's always nice catching him (and/or the other fuzzy boys) in a light doze where they'll just let you pet away and obviously love every minute of it.   :rattysmiley:

Offline BabyBlue

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2003, 02:12:35 PM »

Same here!!LOL :yelcutelaugh:
LOL me too! I can't walk near the cage without all of them waking up from their nap and looking at me all expecting treats or wanting to come out ;D

Offline quellykin1

• Posts Too Much!
  • umm, whoooo took my muffin?
    • Any Rat Rescue
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2003, 03:46:39 PM »
I love to pet Bosko when he's sleeping; he starts bruxing and eye popping. He loves to sleep, but when he's up and about he's not thrilled with sustained petting. And the ONLY time I can pet Mulder is if he's sleepy (after thorough inspection of the offending hand, of course). But, yes, it's impossible to resist a sleeping rattie!

www.anyratrescue.org
Trekkies, Earl, Sloane, Stripes, Rocky, Kaci, Kada, Bailey, mousers

Offline DebW

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • "That teacher with all the weird animals!"
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2003, 10:13:22 PM »
Gadget is my very docile 7 month old male rat.  He's a couch (hammock) potato rat.  He sleeps stretched out with his belly flat in the hammock and will allow me to scratch his ears and stroke his fur as long as I want.  He's really a sweety.  His roommate (Gizmo), on the other hand, is a ball of pure hyperactive energy.  He loves attention, but would be right up and ready to play if I tried to pat him while he's sleeping.
Deb and the wonderful memories of all the past fur kids I've known and loved.