Author Topic: Walters A Big Boy, Proud Mom  (Read 4436 times)

Offline ckhs

• Posts Too Much!
  • Get past the tail, give rats a chance
    • Any Rat Rescue
Walters A Big Boy, Proud Mom
« on: April 11, 2003, 09:11:55 AM »
Im so PROUD of my Walter. For the very first time Walter got off my bed and was exploring the bedroom the other day.
This doesn't sound like such a big deal but it is, im so happy for him, and did i mention proud. My girls are always running around all over the place and my sweet Walter would stay only on my bed, never venturing off. This didn't bother me until Gus passed and Walter was left all alone when the girls would go off to snuggle in a drawer.
I recently started putting their cage on the floor when i leave with a ramp extending off my bed down into the top cage door.
I did this because i have been worried about Hanna falling off the top of the cage. Anyway, the other day i came home and Walter was there to greet me at my door, on the floor.
He looked so excited and happy, just made my heart smile. My baby boy is getting to be a big boy now. I just had to pick him up and give him lots of belly kisses and tell him what a big boy he is and how proud mommy was.
He looked at me with that Ahhhhh mom put me down, why you making such a fuss look.
I know you guys know the look im talking about.
Im gonna miss my bed buddy but im happy for him. It's so hard to let them grow up.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2003, 11:03:39 AM by ckhs »

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
Re:Walters A Big Boy, Proud Mom
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2003, 09:16:32 AM »
Hooray!  Sounds like he's becoming a brave boy!  Maybe the love  :heart: from the girls was what pushed him over the edge...   :)

Offline Adventure Rats

• Posts Too Much!
  • Moose says, "Get in my Belly"
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2003, 11:39:54 AM »
Oh CKHS that is great news. Go Walter...first the floor...next the world!!!! Give Walter a belly  :-* from me too.

Offline ckhs

• Posts Too Much!
    • Any Rat Rescue
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2003, 11:59:14 AM »
Quote from: Adventure Rats
Oh CKHS that is great news. Go Walter...first the floor...next the world!!!! Give Walter a belly  :-* from me too.
[quote
I will, but you can give him kisses yourself in June ;)

Offline Adventure Rats

• Posts Too Much!
  • Moose says, "Get in my Belly"
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2003, 12:28:44 PM »
Quote from: Adventure Rats
[quote
I will, but you can give him kisses yourself in June ;)

;D That thought put a smile on my face

Offline Ratinterrupted

• Posts Too Much!
    • Ratinterrupted
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2003, 01:06:40 PM »
I remember when Ace first started venturing out onto the floor. What a proud moment it was, so yes *raises hand* I do know the feeling. :-* belly kisses to him from me.
Ratinterrupted Ashley <br /><br /><br />*~Ace my best friend, my love & life I will miss you~*~Bear my boo boo love

Ensie

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2003, 08:36:17 PM »
ckhs, I smiled and laughed and cried when I read that. Isn't it just the most wonderful thing to watch, every little small step they take to reaching their full potential as rats? That is just so cool. And it's all because of you! Major rattie kisses and belly scritches.

EmilyRugburn

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2003, 08:51:01 PM »
Awwwwwwwwwwwww!  Yay for Walter!  What a GOOD BOY!  That's so sweet!

Offline ckhs

• Posts Too Much!
    • Any Rat Rescue
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2003, 01:31:51 PM »
He IS a big boy and im so proud. He just seems so much happier now that he can explore the room. I guess i should have put the cage on the floor sooner. Now he just walks the ramp to the top floor of the cage, down the cage ramp to the bottom level and out the door to the floor.
He could have always gone down the side of the bed or onto the side table over to the chair to the floor, thats what the girls do. I guess Walter was just waiting for it to be a bit easier....he's a very lazy boy.

I knew you guys would know what a special moment it was. He's come a long way my boy.

Offline BabyBlue

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2003, 02:06:38 PM »
Awwww I know how it is to watch them make that small step forward, makes everything worth it doesn't it? Give that big boy a kiss from me too, he makes everyone here proud :)

Offline quellykin1

• Posts Too Much!
  • umm, whoooo took my muffin?
    • Any Rat Rescue
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2003, 03:53:58 PM »
Yay for Walter! But I'm SO GLAD Vlad and Hannibal stay on the bed, because their playtime is the same as Mulder's who runs around on the floor. He also gets on the bed and takes food and hops off with generally no negative encounters.  Hannibal watches wistfully as Mulder easily jumps down. But if those two were to be on the floor, I know Mulder would kick their butts cuz he's so territorial.
But I'm happy Walter has expanded his realm.

www.anyratrescue.org
Trekkies, Earl, Sloane, Stripes, Rocky, Kaci, Kada, Bailey, mousers