Author Topic: Adoption rats in BC, Canada!  (Read 6876 times)

Offline Willow

• My silly boy Pippin!
    • HomeFinders Animal Rescue
Adoption rats in BC, Canada!
« on: April 15, 2002, 05:06:57 PM »
Lots of rats available for adoption in the greater vancouver area;
Males;
3 black hooded
3 biege hooded
1 biege berk
1 black bareback (living alone due to aggression probs)
The four beige boys have been dyed purple (with black hair dye) by the people that gave them up -- I don't know how long this will stay in their fur.

Female;
I beige hooded.

All of the rats are about 3 months old, except for the black bareback who is around 8 months.

If anyones interested, I can get pics  :)
Willow and The Crew!
Pandora & Rayvin (the cats)
Rose, Juniper, Eowyn, India, Poe, Xara, Argo, Pagyn, Syenne, Endora, Phoenix, Goran, Pippin, Merlin, Webster and Zen (the rats)
Hanna, Gwen, Piku, Devon, Daffy, Casper and Cow (mice)
And, Sinead, Deevah and Tia the red eared sliders.

TypoGoddess

Re:Adoption rats in BC, Canada!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2002, 10:40:46 AM »
Are they in a good situation, or a bad one?? (I.E.- in home fostercare, or a shelter)

Are they at all sociable??

And I forgot the other questions.... figures. I'm up sp early that my brain is scrambled...

Offline Evergreen Rattery

• Evergreen Rattery
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2002, 12:42:51 PM »
  I adopted three of these rats and they are VERY sweet and are excellent rats!  I couldn't have asked for better rats.  Here's a picture of two of them.    The only problem is that they are so much alike that I can only tell them apart by the amount of white on their bellies!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2002, 12:44:21 PM by EvergreenRattery »
Evergreen Rattery's Online Store
Rat hammocks, toys, agility equipment, cage accessories, decorative items, soft carriers, and more!  20% of proceeds donated to Rattie Love Rescue.

Offline Willow

• My silly boy Pippin!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2002, 05:41:04 PM »

Are they in a good situation, or a bad one?? (I.E.- in home fostercare, or a shelter)

Are they at all sociable??

And I forgot the other questions.... figures. I'm up sp early that my brain is scrambled...

They're OK here....it is a home based, no-kill shelter.  Of course though they don't get *as much* attention as I would like!
They're all friendly, don't mind being handled, and get along great together :)
The female is definately pregnant so there will be little ones within a week or two...
Willow and The Crew!
Rose, Juniper, Eowyn, India, Poe, Xara, Argo, Pagyn, Syenne, Endora, Phoenix, Goran, Pippin, Merlin, Webster and Zen (the rats)

Offline Willow

• My silly boy Pippin!
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2002, 05:42:46 PM »

I adopted three of these rats and they are VERY sweet and are excellent rats!  I couldn't have asked for better rats.  Here's a picture of two of them.    The only problem is that they are so much alike that I can only tell them apart by the amount of white on their bellies!

I'm so glad they are doing well!!  They are very sweet boys and I am glad they got a good home -- I can send you pics of them from when they were a bit younger if you like -  i have some cute ones :)
Did you decide on names?
Willow and The Crew!

• Evergreen Rattery
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2002, 01:43:21 AM »
I'd love to see some of their pictures!  I've named them Noah, Nathan, and Liam.  I'm also still interested in that female, but since she's pregnant I guess she can't go until the babies are weaned, right?  And is she their sister, or is she unrelated?
Rat hammocks, toys, agility equipment, cage accessories, decorative items, soft carriers, and more!  20% of proceeds donated to Rattie Love Rescue.

Offline Willow

• My silly boy Pippin!
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2002, 03:31:34 AM »
Ok here's some pics for ya! :)
The pregnant girl will be ready to go after the babies are weaned...so at least 6 weeks from now (since she isn't quite ready to pop yet ;) )
If you go to the show in June - I will be there with whomever I have for adoption.  I'll try and get some info on the show to you!  Or you can email Ayri who is holding it - ayriw@hotmail.com

(4 months old)

(two weeks ago)

(as wee pinkies)

And, their wonderful mom, Roo (who has an awesome home now)

Willow and The Crew!

• Evergreen Rattery
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2002, 01:14:42 AM »
Aww they're so cute!  I wonder what their dad looked like; must have been light since the mom was so dark!  Thanks so much for the pictures!