Author Topic: Rat Corrals  (Read 2108 times)

Offline Kathleen

• Posts Too Much!
  • R.I.P. Delilah
Rat Corrals
« on: May 03, 2003, 03:03:17 AM »
I'm thinking of asking for some kind of rat containment device as a birthday gift. Is there anywhere that I can find something like that cheap? Also, I'm wondering which barrier folds up the smallest for storage -- I live in a small space, so I need something that'll be easy to stuff under a couch or bed. The Grrreat Wall looks like it might not fold/roll up very well, but it's hard to tell without actually seeing it. Any advice on where or what to buy would be appreciated!

Offline DazzleMe

• Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Show Up For Life
    • Dazzle Me Rattery
Re:Rat Corrals
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2003, 05:30:01 AM »
Hi,

I have two Grreat Walls and I love them. Some of my females do try to jump out but we are right there in the playpen with them so we just keep an eye on the jumpers. As for rolling up, it is very simple to unroll and roll back up again. I can stash it under my futon if needed but I usually just stick it in a corner. 20" tall and about 12" across when rolled up. Good luck!

-Melina :-)
-Melina & Crew

Offline Tracy

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2003, 04:02:46 PM »
You can buy the Grrreat Wall from www.kvvet.com (their search engine sucks but eventually it will come up).  I'll try to find the item # off the catalog when I come home after the wedding.
There's also a nifty foldable playcage from Martins Cages. It's the one I am getting for mine if summer ever comes to MA. What I like about this one is that there's a high wall and a lovely flip top.   They are the last item HERE . They can give you rat spacing as well as ferret.  They can also make a smaller rat cage for $10 less.  Dorothy here knows more on that.
What does not change is the will to change.
Rescue Rats Looking for Love

"People who want their Children to experience the Miracle of BIRTH should first come to an animal shelter and Witness the Sadness of Death/Euthanasia"

Offline anaphylaxis

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2003, 02:38:43 AM »
wow, i want a grrreat wall!

the grrreat wall!

(item #82551)

anybody who wants to buy me one is perfectly welcome, my birthday is coming up in.. october.   :BlueDumboBigEyes:
never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.

Offline jo.lin

• Posts Too Much!
  • *sniff sniff* you smell like a treat!
    • Purple Mountain Productions
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2003, 10:35:06 AM »
wow, i want a grrreat wall!
anybody who wants to buy me one is perfectly welcome, my birthday is coming up in.. october.   :BlueDumboBigEyes:

was that a hint?!?  oh wait, no... that was a flat out suggestion and a bop on the head to make sure it sunk in.  hehe.  okay, i get the idea. ;)

* jo.lin goes to mark anaphylaxis's birthday on the calendar...
//Jo, Taki and Bosco
May you rest in peace Oz and Monkey
Purple Mountain Productions

Offline anaphylaxis

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2003, 12:39:05 PM »
what i need is to start one of those webcams where i put up a giant wish list and then get na...... no wait, maybe that's not such a good idea.

family friendly.. family friendly..

only 6 months til my birthday!  maybe i'll finally get myself a pair of hairless babies.  ;)
never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.

Offline Suebee

• Honourary Canadian!
  • Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Rimmer: 7/26/99 - 08/31/02
    • ratsrule.com
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2003, 09:12:14 AM »
We have a Grrreat Wall, and I let John roll it back up, since he has more upper arm strength... he can get it as small as 10" diameter. :)