Author Topic: More about the unnamed rattie.  (Read 7530 times)

Offline Ray

• 20 Rats!
More about the unnamed rattie.
« on: April 15, 2002, 05:57:08 PM »
On the other board, I posted this picture

Some people commented that:

1.)  He is using a wire wheel
2.)  He is alone.

In response:
For 1, this is a temporary cage, the wheel can't be removed.  He will be moved to a Martins R-685 (and the Wobust Wodent Wheel) as soon as it ships.  For 2, My mom only allows me to have 1 rat, I don't really like it either, but 1 is better then none.
Just trying to clear some things up!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2002, 02:01:43 AM by Ray »

Offline Louise

• Posts Too Much!
  • Toebiter, Couch-chewer, Squeaker extraordinaire!
    • not rat related - my portfolio
He's gorgeous!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2002, 06:06:28 PM »
What a lovely colour!  Too bad your mum will only let you have one rat!  But like you say, one is better than none.  We have one male rat, Mr. Higgins, he gets lots of attention and comes out of his cage a LOT!  (I still feel bad for him on his own  :-\W

Good luck with your rat, names are hard to pick, I'm sure you will get some suggestions tho!
Louise and the Bad Rats, Willow, Bogart, Hannah, Holley and Higgins

Offline Suebee

• Honourary Canadian!
  • Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Rimmer: 7/26/99 - 08/31/02
    • ratsrule.com
Re:More about the unnamed rattie.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2002, 06:11:09 PM »
Did your mom give you reasons why you can only have one rat? Because I can provide plenty of sources that will let her know that they should always be kept in groups, and that your rat will be better off with a friend.  ;D

Sometimes, it seems, people get stuck on a particular idea, even if it is wrong, and don't realize that they are actually doing more harm than good.

http://www.ratfanclub.org/single.html

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Estates/3636/company.html

JulesDoug

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2002, 06:17:09 PM »
I think it was me that made those points over on the old board.  Maybe you could thread some cardboard through the rat wheel so your man cant get his tail caught. Just a suggestion.
Its worth maybe showing your mum some of the info on the net backing up the fact that they should be kept in twos.  
Good luck!!
Jules Babs n Bonnie

Offline Ray

• 20 Rats!
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2002, 06:29:47 PM »
Thanks everyone.  Mom can be stubborn, but I may be able to convince her to let me get a companion.  I thought about it a bit and removed the wire wheel with some wire clippers (I sanded down the rough points so he won't get hurt).  Mom still says "NO!".  She isn't much of a rat fan, so I know she won't change her mind, but that won't stop me from trying. . .

Offline Suebee

• Honourary Canadian!
  • Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Rimmer: 7/26/99 - 08/31/02
    • ratsrule.com
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2002, 06:32:54 PM »
Just remember to be persistent and present evidence. Just don't whine or beg -- be very professional about it. Hopefully, she will be impressed with how much thought you have put into it and how you compose yourself, and that you are looking out for what is best for your pet.

Dealing with parents is all in the technique.  ;)

Paul

Jules - Wodent wheels
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2002, 06:36:45 PM »
Maybe you could thread some cardboard through the rat wheel so your man cant get his tail caught.

Jules, Don't know if you know, but we can get the Wodent wheel, oft-mentioned by US Forumers, in the UK.
It's available online at www.petplanet.co.uk
They also do SupaRat, Ferret Hammocks (which our girlies love), rattie treats etc.

PJ