Author Topic: Rats Rule Shops Submission Information  (Read 8942 times)

Offline Suebee

• Honourary Canadian!
  • Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Rimmer: 7/26/99 - 08/31/02
    • ratsrule.com
Rats Rule Shops Submission Information
« on: June 10, 2003, 08:07:45 AM »
For those interested in submitting illustrations or photos for items on CafePress or Zazzle, I've decided to make this thread.

CafePress
CafePress offers templates and size guidelines for all its products. I try to work at 200 dpi whenever possible, but 150 dpi is also acceptable. 10" x 10" at 200 dpi is the most versatile, and can fit on a wide variety of products.
CafePress Beginners Image Workshop
CafePress Product Templates

Zazzle
Thankfully for my sanity, Zazzle is VERY specific and very informative about size and resolution requirements for images.
Zazzle Image Size Guide

In all cases, the file sizes will be quite large. The large-format images we use for the calendar can range from 3 MB to 4 MB in size, and some of the images I have in Suebee Designs are as large as 7 MB! I can accept large files via my e-mail address, which is rfcmod@suebeedesigns.com -- I have been saving my files in PNG format, which is lossless. CafePress and Zazzle both accept PNG and JPG files -- though any JPG files sent to me WILL be converted to PNG before they are added to the shop.

If you can't send files of that size via-email, I can accept data CDs or original art through the mail... PM me for my mailing address. All original art will be returned -- CDs will only be returned on request.

If you have any questions, please PM me, so I can keep this thread updated with the best information. ;)

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 03:30:03 PM by Suebee »