Author Topic: No babies ... YEAH!!! but ...  (Read 4293 times)

crys033

No babies ... YEAH!!! but ...
« on: April 15, 2002, 11:10:26 PM »
No babies i guess sugar's a nipply girl.  however, i need to find her a buddy.  are there any breeders in oklahoma?  i've seen some in texas and kansas but none in oklahoma yet.  thanks.

Offline Grace

• Posts Too Much!
  • Don't shop, adopt!
    • Graceful Moose Diapers
Re:No babies ... YEAH!!! but ...
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2002, 11:17:42 PM »
What part of OK do you live in?  If you live near the border with another state, you can always look there as well.

Here is a list of some rescues in the US:
http://www.petrat.ca/rescue.html#us

And a list of breeders:
http://www.petrat.ca/ratteries.html#ar

Visit us at Mainely Rat Rescue
Don't forget to visit our STORE

crys033

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2002, 11:31:27 PM »
 >:(

that's the problem i live dead center of the state.

Offline Grace

• Posts Too Much!
  • Don't shop, adopt!
    • Graceful Moose Diapers
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2002, 11:40:16 PM »
You could always look in animal shelters and such too.  Around here, especially last summer, we had a ton of rats at the Kenenbunk shelter.  At one time I think there were about 10 of each sex, some hairless, some rex, and all sorts of colors.   :D

If you have a reputable pet store around, you could talk to them and see if there is a local breeder where they get their rats.  Or, even if it isn't that great a breeder, they may know another breeder who is good.

Another thing you can do is post ads at vet offices, pet stores, etc saying you are looking for rats.  You never know who may come along and see the ad!  And of course, if worst comes to worst, there is always the reputable pet store.  But, I'd try really hard to get a rescue or breeder rat first.

Visit us at Mainely Rat Rescue
Don't forget to visit our STORE