Author Topic: SOLD! Trading 3 Small Cages for 1 Large Cage  (Read 5109 times)

Offline Evergreen Rattery

• Evergreen Rattery
SOLD! Trading 3 Small Cages for 1 Large Cage
« on: April 16, 2002, 12:01:33 AM »
  I have three mouse / hamster-sized cages measuring 10" long x 15" wide x 9" high that I would like to trade for one larger cage suitable for at least two rats.  Two are powder-coated wire, one is non-coated wire and all three have plastic bottoms (blue, pink and red).  They are in near-perfect condition (only a few gnaw marks but nothing broken).  I used them when I bred mice but now that I'm breeding rats they are much too small.  I bought them for $25 each new.  Anyway, if you live in the Vancouver Island area (or are willing to travel) and you have a wire cage suitable for two rats and would like to trade for the 3 cages I mentioned above, send me an e-mail at evergreenrattery@ratsandmice.com.

(Sorry, these cages have been sold!)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2002, 07:41:00 PM by EvergreenRattery »
Evergreen Rattery's Online Store
Rat hammocks, toys, agility equipment, cage accessories, decorative items, soft carriers, and more!  20% of proceeds donated to Rattie Love Rescue.

Offline unity

• Buuuuurrp! 'Scuse me.
    • xxx.edible.nu
Can mice sneak through the bars?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2002, 08:17:05 PM »
I need new mouse cages, but the last time I used a wire cage, they all escaped!

Could you post a photo of them? I've got a wire Coast Cage with 2 balconies that's a decent size for 2 full-grown male rats.
earthlings beware!

• Evergreen Rattery
Re:Trading 3 Small Cages for 1 Large Cage
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2002, 02:19:46 PM »
  There's no way mice can escape, I've even used them for baby mice and none of them got out either.  Here's a picture.

All three look like this, though one of them doesn't have powder-coated bars.  There's one door on the front and one on the top and there's no wire bottom.  I've also taken two of the cages and took the bottom off one and the top door off the other and connected them so there were two stories.  You could even do it with all three, I suppose, though I haven't tried it.
Rat hammocks, toys, agility equipment, cage accessories, decorative items, soft carriers, and more!  20% of proceeds donated to Rattie Love Rescue.

• Evergreen Rattery
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2002, 02:21:02 PM »
  I'd also like to add that I might as well throw in my mouse-sized water bottles and their wheels, since I can't use them for my rats anyways.

Offline unity

• Buuuuurrp! 'Scuse me.
    • xxx.edible.nu
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2002, 11:12:47 PM »
Wow, that looks really nice!

Here: http://www.petco.com/product_info.asp?sku=5226811226&tab=6&subtab=1&dept_id=2034

you will find a photo that's identical to the cage that I'm talking about.
earthlings beware!

• Evergreen Rattery
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2002, 12:10:00 AM »
  Cool!  Where are you located?  Shipping may be a problem. . .

Offline EaglesEye Rattery

• Rats are truely a girls best friend!
    • EaglesEye Rattery
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2002, 08:24:06 PM »
If you still have these cages what would you sell them for??  Are they colaspable?  I'm looking for baby show cages.  I don't have a cage to trade but would be willing to buy.

Do you think size wise these would be just fine for baby rats?  Do all of the cages look nice?

I could possibly even just pick them up at the June show since you will be there too right??  Talk to you soon!

Emily~
Small rattery in Salem, Oregon breeding great pets & beautiful show prospects since '98.  Also offering hand-made jewelry, and whimsical rat, dog and other animal art.

Emily Rose~  http://www.eagleseye.us

• Evergreen Rattery
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2002, 02:30:41 PM »
  I would sell them for about $15 each, including a wheel and a 2oz water bottle (though I lost the wire holders for them  ::)).  Unfortunately, they are not collapsable.  They would make great show cages, as they all are in great condition, but I wouldn't put any size rat in there as a permanent home.  Show or travel would be fine for rats, but I'd only let 1-2 mice or 1 hamster live in there.   I will be at the June show, so if you're interested let me know so I can bring them.

Offline unity

• Buuuuurrp! 'Scuse me.
    • xxx.edible.nu
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2002, 08:52:27 PM »
Oops, sorry! I haven't checked this forum at all. I am in Minnesota, what about you?
earthlings beware!